A study published in the British Medical Journal has estimated that one patient in 20 who visit outpatient settings are misdiagnosed every year. That’s about 12 million American adults who suffer the consequences of a delayed, missed or incorrect diagnosis.
Half of those errors in diagnosis could lead to serious harm, and it’s unacceptable. The attorneys at Anapol Weiss have been the voice of many patients and their families whose lives were turned upside down because of a medical misdiagnosis. With conditions ranging from cardiovascular problems to cancer to severe pneumonia, the firm’s clients have been able to obtain justice and send a message that all patients deserve the highest quality care at all times.
Below are a few of the firm’s medical misdiagnosis verdicts and settlements.
- $6 million verdict for a patient who was paralyzed as a result of failure to diagnose a torn aorta
- $4.25 million for a woman who suffered severe neurological injuries due to a hospital’s failure to treat the signs and symptoms of a stroke in a timely manner
- $2 million for a mother’s estate when the defendant doctor failed to diagnose and treat pneumonia in a pregnant woman, which led to her death
- $1.7 million for a case involving a doctor’s failure to diagnose a rupturing aorta aneurysm
- $1.2 million for a client where an emergency room doctor failed to diagnose a pulmonary embolism
- $1.1 million verdict for the estate of a man who died as a result of misdiagnosis of a debilitating muscle condition called rhabdomyolysis
- $750,000 settlement for a four-year-old whose pediatricians delayed a bladder cancer diagnosis
Contact the attorneys at Anapol Weiss if you or a family member was a victim of a medical misdiagnosis or other medical mistake. We have vast experience in handling these types of medical negligence cases, and we are prepared to investigate your situation.