Philadelphia Ladder Accident Injury Lawyers
If you or someone you know was injured by falling off of a defective ladder, we are here to help you. Our product and premises liability attorneys are best-in-class, with years of experience successfully representing clients in their personal injury matters and winning large settlements.
People use ladders every day for both recreational and commercial purposes. Ladders, when used correctly, should be safe and helpful devices. But when ladders available on the market do not meet quality standards set forth by governing bodies, this oversight is dangerous and can cause serious and lasting harm to unsuspecting people using the ladders.
This mass recall was initiated due to these models representing serious fall hazards. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, Werner has recalled about 78,000 multi-purpose telescoping aluminum ladders because they can break while in use, causing a fall hazard to the user.
Dangers of Ladder Falls
Falling from a ladder presents numerous potential health and safety risks. Many accidents relating to ladder falls are long-term injuries. Some of the most serious risks include:
How to Avoid Ladder Injuries
Following proper protocol when using a ladder is critical to ensuring your safety and the safety of those around you. There are many different types of ladders that are best suited to different types of projects.
- When using a step ladder or platform ladder, be sure the ladder is completely open and that the spreader assembly is tautly secured before attempting to climb.
- Have both hands free when climbing a ladder.
- When using a single pole ladder, extension ladder, or a dual-purpose ladder, be sure you have someone to spot you or secure the base, as these ladders are less stable.
- You should ensure that rung locks and/or rope and pulley systems are utilized, as appropriate for the model and project.
- Do not step or sit on pail shelfs, as these are only meant to support tools.
- Only use a ladder if it has anti-slip feet so it can properly grip the floor.
- Do not climb or stand on the top step or second-to-top step of any ladder, as this dangerously places the center of gravity too high.
- Only operate a ladder if you are trained and able to do so.
- Avoid using a ladder if you are tired, intoxicated, ill, or otherwise impaired.
Money Recovered in a Ladder Fall Case
Our attorneys are committed to securing the highest settlements for our clients. We will always investigate all avenues for recovery. Generally speaking, in an injury case involving a defective ladder, money recovered falls into the following groups:
- Emergency medical care
- Ongoing medical care
- Reduced or lost wages due to the injury
- Noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
How to Bolster Your Case
The most important thing to do after you’ve experienced a traumatic ladder fall is to ensure thorough documentation of the event.
- Take pictures and keep the faulty ladder
- Always seek professional medical treatment
- Call an attorney experienced in personal injury ladder fall cases
- Don’t share your experience on social media
Get a Free Consultation With Our Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers
Remember, you don’t have to go it alone. All of this information is just the tip of the iceberg in what our attorneys at Anapol Weiss know about ladder fall cases. Call us for a free consultation today so we can talk through the particulars of your case and create a personalized plan. We don’t get paid unless we win your case and you never pay us anything out of pocket.