Gregory Spizer’s greatest satisfaction is having successfully resolved thousands of personal injury claims on behalf of his clients. He has been appointed to serve in numerous leadership roles in national mass tort litigations including:
- Co-Lead Counsel in the Mirena IUD litigation in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County
- Member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the Testosterone Replacement Therapy Litigation in the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Greg also successfully represented thousands of clients in the $4.85 billion Vioxx litigation settlement.
In addition to his work in the mass tort arena, Greg has successfully represented numerous clients in products liability and personal injury matters.
“Mr. Spizer did not waiver, he and his team moved forward with such conviction. I especially appreciated the level of communication Mr. Spizer provided… he was always willing to take extra time to explain things to me in layman’s terms. I found Mr. Spizer credible and dependable, two characteristics that are difficult to find.” –Avvo.com review
Recognized for His Outstanding Legal Work
From 2007 to 2012, Greg was named a Pennsylvania Rising Star, which recognizes the top 2.5 percent of attorneys 40 years of age or younger in Pennsylvania. Greg has also been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers since 2013 and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Pennsylvania Lawyers in 2015 and 2016. Greg was named a Forty Under Forty member by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2004, an award given to 40 attorneys under the age of 40 who have demonstrated excellence in their field.
Lectures and Publications
Greg has appeared on Law Journal TV to discuss pharmaceutical liability and dangerous drugs. He has also been interviewed by both TV and print media in regard to pharmaceutical liability issues as well as other legal matters. He has also lectured on pharmaceutical liability, trial presentation and civil litigation for a number of professional organizations.
- March 27, 2015 – Speaker, “Screening Cases and What the Defense Sees When They Get a Fact Sheet.” HarrisMartin Conference in Philadelphia.
- Theories of Liability and Potential Defenses in Mirena. San Diego HarrisMartin Conference, 2013.
- Researching the Defense. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar, 2013.
- Mass Tort Update Lawyer Perspective: Mirena IUD Litigation. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar, 2014.
- Understanding of Social Media Intrinsic to Modern Legal Practice. The Legal Intelligencer – May 14, 2010.
- Act Now to Avoid Medicare/Medicaid Lien Headaches. The Legal Intelligencer – May 8, 2009.
Accomplished Legal Background
Greg earned his bachelor’s degree in Business from Pennsylvania State University in 1995 and his law degree from Pennsylvania State University’s Dickinson School of Law in 1998. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Greg serves as a member of the Board of Governors for the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. In addition, Greg is a member of the American Association for Justice, New Jersey Association for Justice, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and the Philadelphia Bar Association. He is also an arbitrator for the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas Arbitration Program.